Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Most popular historicals

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember reading older posts about Kaya's popularity waning as her novelty wore off. It was from late 2003. Now that they have a new doll (Nellie)Kaya's novelty has probably worn off entierly. So how is she doing now?
    How do the other dolls doing. I'm pretty sure that Sam and Kit are still on top, but what about the others? how do they stand? Is AGT still more popular than AGC?

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ October 01, 2004 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Felicityexpert ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 01, 2004 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Felicityexpert ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't really answer the question, but I personally think the problem with Kaya and Felicity is that they have/had a lot of accessories that little girls couldn't associate/identify with things they have today. When I had the dolls as a youngun the things that interested me were things I had in my everyday life. And since I was a "nerd," that was their school supplies! [img]wink.gif[/img] But Felicity and Kaya have/had accessories that many girls would not be able to name outside of seeing them in a catalog.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 01, 2004 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    At AGPNY, the employees say that Samantha and Kit are the sellers. Kaya is the last one! Girls want the other dolls but Kaya. I do not see many Kaya dolls as I see Samanthas Kit and Kirstens!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AGTeacher:
    [QB]At AGPNY, the employees say that Samantha and Kit are the sellers. Kaya is the last one! Girls want the other dolls but Kaya.QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does that include Felicity? Or is Kaya more popular than Felicity?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starsand's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know ehen I went to AGPC, I saw a lot of other girls with Kit. I have Kit, too. I also have EVERYTHING in her collection, including the "Dress like your Doll" clothes and Hallmark items. (W/ the exception of the Christmas dress for girls and the little Kit figurine) But back to the topic, Kit and Samantha definitely seem to be at the top. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Kirsten is pretty popular. If you consider the secondary market, there are always Samantha and Kirsten items on e-Bay. That leads me to believe that a lot of Kirsten and Samantha things has to be sold in order to be re-sold.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Judy 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AGTeacher:
    At AGPNY, the employees say that Samantha and Kit are the sellers. Kaya is the last one! Girls want the other dolls but Kaya. I do not see many Kaya dolls as I see Samanthas Kit and Kirstens!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My personal shopper at AGP NY said that Felicity is the third most popular seller. I have been kicking myself because I didn't ask what the top two are - now I know! Thanks, Ria!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Judy

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 01, 2004 07:30 PM: Message edited by: *Judy* (AG-loving mom of 3 boys) ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Felicity the 3rd top seller? YAY!!!!!!!!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    And AGPNY has more customers doesn't it? didn't it do REALLY well? Theres always so many pics of AGPC but none of NY becuase it is sooooo crowded. I be NY generates a ton of [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] I think it's sad that girls don't even buy Kaya at AGP, becuase she is so much prettier in person. Shes ugly in the catalog, but shes a whole heck of a lot cuter in person. Did anyone notice in the last catalog Kaya only had 2 1/2 pages in the last catalog and all of her stuff was crowded into 2 pages with hardly any descroption. It was just like "doll and cradle board-$X"

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now that I know the top sellers at AGPNY I am starting to understand why Elizabeth is very posible. On every report AG has had recently they credit high sales to AGPNY. AGPNY has taught them that if they bring Lissie back full-scale, Elizabeth and all they will make a ton of [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] . do you know if it's adult "collecters" who buy Felicity, or is actually little girls?

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 01, 2004 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Felicityexpert ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My daughter really wanted Felicity for a few years and finally got her last March for her 9th birthday. She is old enough to remember Felicity being in the catalogue and really liked her. She did get Samantha and Kirsten before Felicity, but that is just because I picked them for surprise gifts.

    The younger girls like 6 or 7 year olds won't be able to remember Felicity from the catalogue. It will only be the girls who go online that will be able to discover her charms. My daughter looks at the catalogue a lot before deciding what she would like for her birthday or Christmas. I just don't think the internet will create the same "longing" for Felicity that the catalogue does for the dolls in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •